Thursday 12 June 2014

The Sunflower Award

Thank you Jane for nominating me for the Sunflower Award... Here are the answers to your questions: 



Which do you use more often the computer or books? a. To light the fire I find that paper from maths books works better than parts of computers (we have Clare's MUS Geometry in the fire this year), so if that is what you meant then the answer is books... another thing to add to this answer would be something about smoking hard drives... once when my Dad was trying to wipe some old hard drives some of them worked I think one just had an error but one of them started smoking... we came to the conclusion that it did not matter that the wipe failed because no one could get any information off there anyway... not any more at least... b. If you were talking about looking up definitions of words then I think I can safely answer computers... c. On the other hand if you meant to read my bible I read the real thing (so, book) but to get verses to put on a website or blog I just copy them from ESV Bible (which is another answer for computer) d. When I am reading a story I prefer to read it in a book rather than using the computer.

What is the most common spelling mistake you make? a. On the computer probably something like 'teh' b. Otherwise maybe something like where and were..


What is your favourite pastime? I am not exactly sure but it does not involve answering questions about it...


Why should you wear arm guards when you are doing archery? Because other wise you will (supposing you can shoot the bow correctly) get a massive bruise in about the middle of your left arm from the bowstring slapping against it when you release it. Depending on how good you are at hitting yourself and how many times you do it the bruise then will be pink/grey coloured with a red outline. It most likely has an oval shape to it. The next day it is unlikely that the outline will still remain around the bruise. Over the next few days the colour of the bruise may change from pink/read to purple to green (according to some it may also be fluro aqua at times)... What I want to know is why you, Jane, are asking when you already know...


What is the biggest bruise you've ever got? I don't remember... there was that time when I scootered down the ramp and when I got to the pavers the scooter kept going at a faster rate than I did and I ended up on the pavers with a seriously grazed knee even through my jeans... it took weeks to get better and I still have a scar there. It was not really a bruise but a more interesting answer than just saying I don't remember...


Which is better, WordPress or Blogger? ...I think in this question you were meaning WordPress.com but that is not what you said so my answer is 
WordPress is better...WordPress and WordPress.com are two different things which people confuse because the names are rather similar, WordPress.com is based on WordPress but is limited and plugins are not allowed. There is also a limited amount of customisation on WordPress.com. you may then ask why I am on Blogger - I still will give that answer because you made the question easy and said WordPress not WordPress.com, if you had said WordPress.com that may have made the choice a little harder. But WordPress is in general better, you can do more things and can use plugins... anyway Blogger tries to deceive its uses by saying widgets are 'gadgets' whereas in the HTML they are really widgets, WordPress on the other hand just tells you what is actually there... 

Do you ever wish you could keep breathing in without having to breathe out again? Not really... I don't believe it would be worth the consequences...


How many times a day do you quote books or movies? Depends how much I talk to Jane...


What is a verb? Actually Jane, last time I checked 'what' was not a verb. Another thing to add about this is when you state that 'what' is a verb you should have a full stop not a question mark?

Why do these award things have to have something to do with the sun? I do not actually know, maybe it has something to do with being warm, bright and happy.

2 comments:

  1. "How many times a day do you quote books or movies? Depends how much I talk to Jane..."

    Does that mean to talk to Jane you must speak in quotes to overcome a language barrier of some kind, or you simply quote things a lot more in her presence?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it has to do with how much she quotes and therefore how much I have to quote the reply...

      Delete